DE LEON PLAZA - 1941
This public square was established with the original survey for the town of Victoria. Once called Constitution Square, it has always been an important civic and social gathering place. The plaza was formally renamed in honor of the empresario, Martin De Leon, in 1941. De Leon Plaza is the site of the Six Flags Monument, the La Calle de Los Diez Amigos Texas Centennial Marker, twelve memorial lampposts erected in 1923, the Band Stand and the “The Last Stand” monument.